Saturday, April 22, 2006

What do you do here? huh! wtf

What do I do every day? Well I have to say hi to some DUMB Tapes and I have to cuddle them. Ya you can say that. My main job is to maintain the valuable data of the company that’s been backed up. Boring as it can be, but if anything thing bad happens to it, it will always be my head. So it’s a Big responsible and a shitty job. Sitting in my lonely corner and stare at the screen and just monitor and schedule, reschedule blah blah! And the most shitty thing is most of the people in the company don’t know what I actually do here well these days. Now how did I end up here? To tell you guys the truth taking backup was the only thing I didn’t want to do in this so called Tech – world. I used to work in Internal I.T as a Windows Administrator and was promoted to a System Administrator in I.S. It was cool, me and my BOSS was managing the billing servers(UNIX)of the company and ofcoz the backups of the servers back then was the golden days oooooh yeah. After few days with little rain there came a storm and some tornados struck the I.T Department and after I came from an urgent leave that I took for some emergency purpose every thing was changed as it is now. My boss changed and I got a new boss and the server responsibilities are handled by some other party. Long story short I end up with the Robotics Armed Data Backing Machine.
Now all I do is backup. Hmmmmm but when you look it this way it’s not bad at all I mean, I have all the time and resource to do research and these days I am developing stuff hopefully someday it will come in useful and handy for my future. Well at least I am trying to think that way. I know this company is not using my 100% capability. What the hell I know where I stand and I stand alone.

3 comments:

Universal Mind said...

DAMN NEW IT HEAD...HOW CAN U DO THIS TO HIM.

EyThiMeeThi said...

dont worry we are to keep company with you :P need to swap corners?? hehehe come to the corner under the data switch :P illl handle the breakers .. hehehe good thing u can share some of ur knowledge with me too :D cheer up .. still ur useful to most of the staff in here i know

Vampire MV said...

hey man don't worry! your still useful to goto coffee with!!!